These coaches are in the 1934–1942 livery. During this period, the new, modernized livery was augmented by the GWR Shirtbutton roundel. The logo was placed centrally on coach sides, while railcars carried it under the driving windows.
Apart from the roundel, no other major livery changes took place during this period. One minor exception was the all-brown, no-lining livery applied to some workmans trains during the 1930s. The all-brown livery was also applied to some bogie full brakes from c 1934 onward.
From the outbreak of WWII, roofs were painted grey instead of white, as a means of making them less visible from the air.
The coaches seen here are the Comet Models 61' large-windowed Corridor Brake Composite diagram E152/3 and the Corridor Brake 3rd diagram D121, both built in 1936.