GWR Coat of Arms

 

GWR Coat of Arms


The GWR Coat of Arms were used in the form seen here from 1927–1933, and again from 1942 to Grouping in 1947.

On locomotives this version replaced the earlier garter crest (which included the coat of arms) in 1927, although only used on the lined express passenger classes.

On rolling stock, the Coat of Arms was used on coach sides from 1928, along with the simplified chocolate and cream livery introduced one year earlier in 1927.